Redlands United Football Club Update
Published: August 3, 2017
Dear RUFC Members,
I would like to provide you all with an update on some recent changes at RUFC and also announce the upcoming General Meeting which will be held on Wednesday 30th August 2017 1800 in the main function room at RUFC. This meeting is being called to give the management committee an opportunity to speak directly to RUFC members and also to provide answers to questions that members may have.
The following changes have occurred recently:
- Norman Schroeder has tendered his resignation as President of RUFC due to other commitments. I (Shane Winterton) have accepted the nomination of Acting President through to this year’s Annual General Meeting. Norman has made a substantial contribution to RUFC over the past five years, providing leadership, direction and strong advocacy to external stake holders. On behalf of the club I would like to thank Norman for his involvement.
- Ian Hill has tendered his resignation as Vice President. Ian has made a wonderful long-term contribution to RUFC and will stay on the committee to focus on junior football.
- Kylie Smith has tendered her resignation from the committee. Kylie has been a passionate advocate for RUFC and has committed countless volunteer hours at the club and to junior football.
- Kevin Goddaer has accepted a position on the committee. Kevin has been a passionate long-time supporter of RUFC and he will help bring a strong commercial acumen to the management committee.
- Andy Bradley has accepted a position on the committee. Andy has a substantial football playing background and will also bring a strong commercial acumen to assist the committee. Andy will hold the office of Acting Treasurer.
- Donna McCormack has accepted a position on the committee. Donna has been a long-time parent, RUFC member and volunteer. Known to almost all members through her tireless volunteer work with uniforms, Donna brings a wealth of knowledge about RUFC to the management committee.
So, in summary your current management committee is: Shane Winterton (Acting President), Andy Bradley (Acting Treasurer), Kevin Goddaer, Ian Hill, Donna McCormack and Larry Class (Life Member).
Following a recent review of RUFC’s football staffing requirements by the management committee some changes have been implemented. Due to a continuing tight budget and ongoing pressures on maintaining low membership fees, a decision has been made to reduce staffing in the football department from two full-time staff down to just one. Consequently, Matt Chandler will unfortunately be leaving the club. This is in no way a reflection on Matt who has been a committed professional and has had outstanding achievements with the senior men’s NPL team. We want to thank Matt for his past contribution to RUFC in his role as senior Technical Director (TD).
The remaining full-time position will be an overarching TD role supported by part-time coaches and volunteers to maintain optimal service delivery. Specific details around this role and how it will operate in 2018 will be worked through in coming weeks and communicated to members at a later stage. This restructured TD position will be filled by Graham Fyfe. The committee has full confidence in Graham’s ability to take RUFC’s football department forward into the future.
While there have been concerns raised recently by RUFC members regarding club finances, let me reassure all members that a strong, commercially astute committee has been brought together to rectify any shortfalls and detail a thorough plan for the rest of this year and into next season. There will be some cost reductions made (that won’t affect RUFC’s football services) and some changes at the clubhouse/bar intended to improve facilities for all members. RUFC has a bright future and the management committee is working hard to ensure the club has a strong centenary year in 2018.
Thank you for your ongoing support of RUFC.