International Player / Clearances

An International Transfer Clearance (ITC) is required for every player aged 10 years or older and have previously played overseas. This is a FIFA requirement to ensure players are not under contract or suspended and is applicable even if the player is an Australian citizen or if they have been registered in Australia previously.

Please note: This includes all football types for club and non-club football regardless of playing as a professional or amateur, gender or league. For example an ITC is required for playing in:
-Club, university/college, high School, inter-school sports, futsal and any other football activity.

Obtaining an International Transfer Clearance

Step 1: Begin the player registration through Play Football.
Step 2: When asked the question 'was the player's last registration to play football in Australia?' select "No".
Step 3: Enter the information requested: Country the player last registered, Club the player last registered, Year the player last registered.

Step 3.1: If you previously played at a South American Country please send a copy of your passport to
Step 3.2: If you previously played in the United States please send the following information to

  • Name of your former club in the US

  • The location of your former club in the US

  • Your last state of residence in the US

Aged 18 and over: Your ITC is now complete and your club will approve the ITC request with FFA to process.
Aged 10 to 17: Continue to Step 4

Step 4: Complete the Minor ITC Application form
Step 5: Select one of the following forms that apply to your situation and choose option 1 or 2 on the relevant form.

International move of both the player's biological parents
The player lived continuously for the last 5 years in Australia prior to the request
International move of ONE of the player's biological parents
The player is undertaking an academic study program in Australia
International move of NONE of the player's biological parents
The player is a refugee

Step 6: Click the following document to see the types of documents to submit - Click Here
Step 7: Submit all the documents to

RUFC will then process and send the documents to FFA to complete the ITC with FIFA and the country you are moving from.